The ability to communicate efficiently is perhaps the most critical skill in today’s workplace. Success in motivating teams, delegating, organizing, problem solving, selling ideas, obtaining/providing information, reporting on performance, managing organizational transition, and implementing ideas depends heavily on your ability to communicate and influence.
Managing the project stakeholders is also an important task which impacts stakeholder expectations and ultimately stakeholder satisfaction. This course provides comprehensive skills development training in communications for all skill levels. Students are provided with practical communications strategies, tools, and best practices along with plenty of real life examples of their application all an interactive format to enhance learning.
Download a PDF version of the course outline (40KB PDF).
2 day workshop.
What You Learn
Master communication skills and strategies that enable you to:
- Understand communications processes
- Establish strategies for successful communications
- Identifying the project stakeholders, their information needs, and the best methods to manage communications
- Increase your ability to influence & motivate
- Improve organizational efficiency
- Improve project team productivity
Who Should Attend
Project Communications & Stakeholder Management course is for all skill levels of managers, supervisors, and staff working in private or public organizations in either an operational capacity or those working on project teams.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- How people communicate
- Communications challenges
- Process for identifying stakeholders
- Communications planning
- Managing communications
- Project reporting
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Communications in project teams