Microsoft SharePoint is an integrated suite of server capabilities that can provide organizational efficiency for document management, information sharing, business process integration, and team collaboration across the enterprise. SharePoint allows individuals and organizations to easily create and manage collaborative websites that integrate seamlessly with the Web, MS Windows, and MS Office.
In this hands-on workshop, participants learn how to use SharePoint to create a Project Management Collaboration and Management Site to successfully manage projects, programs, and portfolios. Participants are provided with a comprehensive overview of SharePoint’s features and capabilities along with a framework for using this tool for project management. All course content is compliant with the project management theory, practices, and standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Download a PDF version of the course outline (41KB PDF).
2 day workshop.
What You Learn
- Create SharePoint sites
- Use SharePoint for team collaboration
- Create document management systems
- Generate custom reports
- Automate processes
- Manage, track, and control projects
- Integrate with MS Office applications
Who Should Attend
The MS Sharepoint for Project Management workshop teaches the fundamentals of MS Sharepoint and is non-industry specific. It is ideal for managers, project managers, IT project managers, program managers, supervisors, project coordinators, project team members, stakeholders, and senior managers who want to learn how to use MS SharePoint to manage their programs, projects, and workload.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Certification from PMI®.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- Introduction to SharePoint
- Creating the structure and organization of SharePoint sites
- Customizing the SharePoint sites
- Managing information
- Customizing the SharePoint webpages
- Team collaboration
- Tools for creating reports
- How to integrate with MS Office
- Using SharePoint for project management