MS Project is a powerful industry standard software tool than can help you manage projects, programs, and multiple tasks. This course provides comprehensive training covering the skills required to create a project plan, identify tasks, assign resources to tasks, create a project calendar, and create custom reports to monitor progress using different views to track budgets, schedule, and task status.
You also learn how to create project plan templates that you can reuse on other projects and tasks, which significantly improves your organization’s efficiency. All course content is compliant with the project management theory, practices, and standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI). Students are provided with best practices along with plenty of real life project management examples of their application all in a hand-on interactive format to enhance learning.
2 day workshop.
What You Learn
- Create project plans and templates
- Define activities, costs, risks, scope
- Assign resources, manage allocations
- Optimize plans to finish on time
- Track, record progress, record updates
- Gauge performance, identify problems
- Create a customized table, view, graphical indicators, and reports
- Link and manage multiple projects
Who Should Attend
The MS Project for Managing Projects workshop teaches the fundamentals of the project management tool for the construction sector. This course is designed for construction sector project managers, developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, owners, and consultants who want to learn how to use MS Project for managing their programs, projects, and workload.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Certification from PMI.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
- 2 Gold Seal Credits
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- Introduction to MS Project
- Creating a project plan file
- Project Work Breakdown Structure
- Assigning resources and tasks
- Creating the project plan baseline
- Monitoring and revising the project plan
- Creating customized reports
- Creating project plan templates
- Importing and exporting project data
- Managing multiple projects and programs of work