Project Management Tools & Techniques provides the fundamentals of project management based on the Project Management Institute (PMI)® standards and guidelines.
This workshop is a prerequisite for all advanced project management workshops or project management certificate programs, including Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification.
Upon completion of this course, participants should/will be able to understand and apply project management techniques to their current and future projects. They should also be able to effectively manage small to medium sized projects and achieve immediate improvements on project performance.
2 day workshop
What You Learn
- The Project Management Framework based on PMI® standards
- Techniques to prioritize your projects and workload
- The ability to identify and agree on realistic client/customer requirements
- Establish SMART project goals
- Recruit a high performance project team
- Create a work breakdown structure to manage your project
- Estimate project costs using reliable data
- Establish a realistic, manageable project schedule
- Implement project tracking techniques to measure performance
- Effective strategies to control the project budget, schedule, quality
- Master basic project management skills, methodologies, tools
Who Should Attend
Project Management Tools and Techniques for the Restoration Construction Industry is a construction specific course that teaches the fundamentals of project management. The project management workshop material is specific to the restoration construction industry, and the techniques learned apply to every sector of the industry, including:
- Property managers
- Building owners
- Facility managers
It is ideal for new project managers who want an overview of the project management framework based on the PMI® standards, or who are working towards their PMP® certification.
There are no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for PMP® and CAPM® Certification from PMI®.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- The project management framework based on PMI® standards
- Project initiation
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Project monitoring & control
- Project close-out
- Project manager soft skills
- Managing project teams
- Project management in organizations
- Resources for project managers