** This course also goes under the title PMP Certification Exam Preparation Workshop (PM 401). Same content.
This workshop is designed to assist project managers in their studying and preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® . Participants learn exactly what to anticipate during the PMP® Certification Exam as well as strategies on answering questions that can help them achieve a higher score. We cover all evaluated subject areas, and provide example questions and answers to familiarize participants with the scoring methods used. In this workshop, participants learn proven techniques from a qualified PMP®, greatly increasing their chances of achieving a higher score than they would without this course.
PDF version of the course outline
5 day workshop.
What You Learn
- The PMI® Framework and PMBOK® Guide standard
- Learn all the topics covered in the evaluation
- Methods to reduce your study efforts and zero in on only the relevant topics
- Create a study plan that includes a comprehensive coverage of the material you need to learn
- Use an elimination process to decide the correct answers
Who Should Attend
The content covered in this workshop requires an understanding of the project management framework based on the PMI® standards and guidelines. Most participants are experienced Project Managers or have previously completed a project management fundamentals course (example PM 100) who want to apply to the Project Management Institute for PMP® Certification.
The project management workshop material used in this course is non-industry specific, and the techniques taught apply to any sector.
Although there is no prerequisite for this course, taking a project management fundamentals course (PM 100) would be very beneficial.
- Five days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 35 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Certification from PMI®.
- 35 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- Project management basics review
- Project management framework
- Project integration management
- Project scope management
- Project schedule management
- Project cost management
- Project resource management
- Project risk management
- Project quality management
- Project procurement management
- Project communications management
- Project stakeholder management
- Professional responsibility
- Sample PMP® questions and answers
- Study program for taking the PMP® exam