This workshop is designed to assist project managers in their studying and preparation for the Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®Certification Exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Participants learn exactly what to anticipate during the CAPM® Certification Exam as well as strategies on answering questions that can help them achieve a higher score. We cover all evaluated subject areas, and provide example questions and answers to familiarize participants with the scoring methods used. In this workshop, participants learn proven techniques from a qualified Project Management Professional (PMP)®, greatly increasing their chances of achieving a higher score than they would without this course.
Download a PDF version of the course outline (45KB PDF).
3 day workshop.
What You Learn
- The PMI® Framework and the PMBOK® Guide standard
- Learn all the topics covered in the evaluation
- Methods to reduce your study efforts and zero in on only the relevant topics
- Create a study plan that includes a comprehensive coverage of the material you need to learn
- Use an elimination process to decide the correct answers
Who Should Attend
The content covered in this workshop requires an understanding of the project management framework based on the PMI® standards and guidelines. Most participants are experienced Project Managers or have previously completed a project management fundamentals course (example PM 100) who want to apply to the Project Management Institute for CAPM® Certification.
The project management workshop material used in this course is non-industry specific, and the techniques taught apply to any sector.
Although there is no prerequisite for this course, taking a project management fundamentals course (PM 100) would be very beneficial.
- Three days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 23 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for PMP® and CAPM® Certification from PMI®.
- 23 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- Project management basics review
- Project management framework
- Project integration management
- Project scope management
- Project time management
- Project cost management
- Project human resource management
- Project risk management
- Project quality management
- Project procurement management
- Project communications management
- Project stakeholder management
- Professional responsibility
- Sample CAPM® questions and answers
- Study program for taking the CAPM® exam