Project Management Institute (PMI) www.pmi.org
PM Videos, Templates, Articles, Blogs NPM Resource Center
PMI Youtube Channel Youtube (PMI)
Project Manager Jobs www.pmjobs.ca
Project Management Certification
PMI’s certification credentials are designed to make sure that all certification holders have demonstrated their competence through fair and valid measures. PMI uses the most reliable testing measures for assessment of candidates.
Candidates are assessed using:
- Education and Experience—A combination of education and/or experience in project management is required.
- Testing Competence— Candidates are required to apply project management concepts and experience to potential on-the-job situations. Scenario-based questions are used to evaluate competence.
- Ongoing Professional Development—After you have achieved your PMI certification, it must be maintained, requiring the accumulation of ongoing professional development and education (acquiring PDU) or, in the case of the CAPM® certification, re-certification.
The CAPM® credential offers recognition to those who are starting a career in project management as well as project team members who wish to demonstrate their project management knowledge. The CAPM® certification denotes that the individual has the knowledge in the principles and terminology of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), the Project Management Institute (PMI) standard of project management which provides generally recognized good practices.
The PMP® credential offers recognition to experienced practitioners demonstrating competence and a solid foundation of project management skills. The PMP® recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager and experience in leading and directing projects.
Preparing for the Certification Exam
- Become a PMI member (recommended, get free e-copy of the PMBOK® Guide, reduced exam application fee)
- Attend CAPM®/ PMP® Certification Exam Preparation course (recommended, provides review of exam content, also provides PM education requirements for application to write the exam)
- Review your existing knowledge
- Try sample CAPM® / PMP ® Exam Questions
- Try sample CAPM® / PMP ® Exam
- Study to fill any knowledge gaps
- Write the exam
- Pass and you are automatically a CAPM® or PMP® credential!
PMI Certification Exam Preparation Courses
Instructor led courses
Go to Vancouver Programs
Go to Online Courses
|CAPM®/PMP® Certification Exam Prep ONLINE||35||PM 500||6 weeks||$395.00||Dates & Registration|
|CAPM®/PMP® Certification Exam Prep ON-DEMAND||35||PM 501||3 month availability||$250.00||Dates & Registration|
New project management courses are scheduled at the beginning of each term; Winter Term (Jan – Apr), Spring/Summer Term, (May – Aug), and Fall Term (Sep – Dec). We often also add extra courses during the term to meet demand. Review this page regularly for new schedules. Registrations for courses are accepted up to and including the first day of the course, however we recommend registering early to secure your seat in the class, and ensure that participant materials are ordered for you.